Hey bud! Today, I want to introduce you to a unique way of dealing with perfectionism and that's using affirmations. Affirmations are very popular, but most of them aren’t specifically geared toward overcoming perfectionism and embracing imperfection.
An affirmation is a simple but powerful statement that helps to strengthen the connection between your subconscious and conscious mind. They bring some of the limiting beliefs in your subconscious to the forefront, so that you can counteract them with a positive, uplifting, and empowering statement.
Not only do affirmations create major shifts in your mindset, but they also remind you that being your perfectly imperfect self is enough and that you’re good enough just the way you are.
Using affirmations every day doesn’t have to take up a lot of your time. A great way to add affirmations to your daily routine is to combine it with your gratitude practice or any other daily habit.
Ok superstar, let’s dive in - here they are!
SAVE THIS TO PINTEREST, HINT HINT! :)
If you love these affirmations, please Pin them, Tweet them, download and share them on Instagram, or save them for you to refer to when you need an instant shot of motivation.
1. I am exactly where I am supposed to be and I am doing exactly what I am supposed to be doing.
2. I am confident. I am capable. I am poised. I am strong.
3. You are more than enough and exactly where you need to be right now.
4. Today will be what it is. I will be who I am. And there will be beauty in both.
5. It doesn't have to be perfect to be powerful.
6. Today I will work on seeing only the positives. I will block out negative thinking.
7. Today I will focus on what is possible.
8. I handle criticism with ease.
9. I am thankful for all that I have.
10. I don’t worry about things I can’t control.
11. I am courageous. I am willing to act in spite of any fear.
12. Done is better than perfect.
13. I am enough.
14. I have enough.
15. I do enough.
16. I’m fucking awesome.
17. I’m showing up and that is everything.
18. I am control of how I perceive things.
19. It’s okay if this goes awry.
20. Absolutely everything is progress.
Phew, those are powerful affirmations, aren’t they? As a bonus, I also want to leave you with these quotes that can also be used as affirmations.
“She believed she could, so she did.” - R.S. Grey
“I will hold myself to a standard of grace not perfection.” - Emily Ley
“Do it badly, do it slowly, do it any way you have to, but do it.” - Steve Chandler
“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” - Carl Jung
“Do what you can, with what you have, where you are.” - Theodore Roosevelt
Want more motivation and support
in dealing with your perfectionism?
If you are inspired and ready to take action to let go of your perfectionism, then make sure to download my FREE 10+ page, step-by-step, perfectionism-busting workbook. Just click the button below!
Have you used affirmations before? Let me know your favorite ones and how you use them!
Hi there! I’m Wendy, founder of The Gratefulist and host of the #perfectionistproblems community for recovering perfectionists. I’m insanely passionate about helping you let go of your perfectionism. Let’s chat about the hard stuff - like dealing with comparison, people pleasing, your inner critic & starting a perfectionist detox - so that you can stop caring so much about what other people think and finally take on those dream projects that you've been putting off for so long.